Sunday, May 22, 2022

The Final Step

 This journey started in 2015. I've talked about it a lot. After retiring in October I've gone through a lot of changes. 

Last night I turned in my final for my master's degree. What started with insomnia turned into planning for a future, which turned into a choice I had to make, which turned into freedom.

I've talked about all of that but now, now I've got 7 days remaining in school, technically. I'm waiting on my grades now and waiting on peer reviews of my work and work that I can review this week. 

Officially, for the first time since I was barely a teen, I won't have any professional or academic responsibilities. That's a big deal. I've never had that....freedom. While most of my fellow students will be searching for a career next week, I'll start where they want to be. Retired and free.

There is a real chance I won't pass. I don't feel good about my final but it is what it is. My professor says I'm doing good but I don't feel that way. 

So, what does the next few weeks hold? 

We'll see! It's exciting, freeing, and an amazing time! 

No comments: