Thursday, April 06, 2023

So, I'm 53 Today

 I don't go telling everyone about when it is, in fact mostly I hide it. I'm just evaluating where I was a year ago and what progress, if any, I've come to. 

1. I was a student last year at this time, struggling through my final course. The capstone. The hardest assignment I've ever had and wanted to drop out of college about midway through. Even had the email typed out. But I contacted the professor and he really told me I was on the right track and was further along than I thought I was. Passed with an A but I was hating life. 

2. A job interview is hard to come by. I apply for jobs almost daily. I can't even fall into an interview right now. Well then there now, let me rephrase, I can get a job if I move. I don't want to move. So...

3. I'm a really good gig driver. With my retirement, my bills are paid. With gig money, I can live better. I listen to audiobooks. I don't know if I've covered this in a previous post or not, I'm not reviewing to find out. Right now my favorite is Expeditionary Force and Wandering Inn is tied for the top spot. Sadly the Expeditionary Force series has come to an end. I'm listening to Book 15 now, just started this morning. The next Wandering Inn book will be out later this month and I've got it preordered. 

4. While I live well, there's little margin for error right now. As long as I do what I'm doing, I'm good. I'm definitely happier. 

5. The Parable of the Mexican Fisherman. If I haven't posted it before or written about it, then go look it up. It's brilliant and I wrote about it in an assignment before. The gist is that I've achieved what I want to have a happy life. I've got a good balance going on right now. It'll also get easier over time and eventually I will get a good break and a new job will pop up. But for now, I'm good. 

What's next? I don't know. I'm just being still for now. 

No comments: