Sunday, March 13, 2005

Seat Belts and Filmmaking

I hate the seat belt law.

I'm an adult. I am capable of making many decisions on a daily basis. Decisions that effect my life, job, and fortune.

I am capable of choosing to drink if I wish, smoke if I wish, but if I want to go to McDonalds then I gotta wear a seatbelt on my way to clog my arteries?!?!?!

I'm capable of making decisions on my film that effect my cast and crew (mainly me).

Lets call this what it truly is....a revenue source for the state and local governments.

I'm a believer in being responsible for your choices such as if I were to ride a motorcycle, I'd probably wear a helmet. If I want to drive to the store, I don't want to wear a seatbelt...and I usually don't.

It effects no one but me and I happen to believe that my days were numbered anyway and we have a limited amount of days to make the best of. When I was growing up people could stand up in the car seats, and usually jumped from the front seat to the back seat until we got in trouble. Now government feels that they can live your life better than you can and impose another limit on freedom. Now I am all for speed limits and such, however when you are capable of making a decision it should be just that....your decision. I choose to not wear a seatbelt 75% of the time. Not for any other reason now than to just contribute to the local economy....

What does this have to do with filmmaking? Well honestly not much but I just felt a rant....

No comments: