Sunday, March 03, 2019

The Eve of the Last Term

Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow is the first day of my last term of a journey that started in 2015.
Then I was in the midst of some serious insomnia. I'd go to sleep around the normal time and on a good night I'd get about three hours of sleep, on a bad night maybe two. After this went on for about two years I decided I should use my time awake in a more useful fashion.

So after dropping out of college in 1989 I decided to pursue a degree. At first I went to that rip off school Full Sail University, a for profit college. Worst educational experience I've ever had. Then I switched to Southern New Hampshire University, a non-profit university and the difference is night and day. Tomorrow I'll have fifty six days left until I earn my bachelors degree in marketing. This term I have two classes, one is the business capstone class and the other is pop culture marketing.

This has been a long journey, a rewarding journey, and one that I'm glad I started. I've always been straightforward about my goals. I want to become pension eligible in 2022 and live on that. Everything will be paid off by then and I'll have utilities to pay. After graduation I'm going to apply my degree and replace my income while I'm still working.

Fifty seven days from now I'll be finished with my degree. I'll have just turned forty nine earlier in the month and my longest and dearest friend, Northern Brother will be turning forty nine the day after I'm finished. Tomorrow my last term starts, fifty six short days and two complex classes. I'm considering a road trip to New Hampshire for graduation.

Fifty seven days....then fifty six and so on and so on.

No comments: