Monday, March 11, 2019

Week Two

I'm exactly 1/8th finished with my final term! Week one was difficult as we are using a business simulator called Capsim. This is to finish the business side of my marketing degree. This capstone will put us in charge of a company that manufactures sensors, might as well be widgets, but it's a simulation. Regardless week one was crammed full of information to absorb and apply. I felt overwhelmed for most of the week but now I'm getting a handle on it!

My second course is a marketing course on pop culture. This is how to recognize trends and market to and from them. This course is pretty enjoyable! There's a lot of information but I'm handling it in the only way I know how, LIKE A BOSS!

All in all I'm going to be pretty happy this term even though I felt I was going to do poorly. After I got a good understanding of the simulation and the strategies used I think it'll go well! This is a good challenge to test what I've learned over the past few years.

In other news Thing 1 has landed a pretty solid job! She's my soul. She tired of school early on and took my route to life. She went to work and wanted to live some! In so many ways she's a lot like me! I frequently go to the city and spend time with her, we go to lunch or the shooting range or whatever!

Thing 2 is overseas after graduating in December. She's my heart. Even though it's painful to let go, I want her to have a better life than me. She's well on her way! She's got a good starter job and an education to help her along the way, as well as a couple of great parents.

I've got it pretty good really, pretty good.


No comments: