Sunday, August 01, 2021

The Final Step

 When I applied for the pension retirement they explained all of the steps involved in the process. There are a lot of them. You have to apply and give a lot of information, then they examine everything and request more information if they need something else. Then that's approved or denied and then it's another step. 

Long story short I had my final step approved and got the official approval in the mail yesterday! It explained what I'll be earning each month, I chose to have taxes taken out of it, and then I got my final estimate. The estimate will go up a little bit because there are still just over two months of pension income going into the fund on my behalf.

Overall though it'll be close to the current estimate which is pretty nice! In other news the current company I work for lost the contract to Dyncorp. Dyncorp was the absolute worst company we ever worked for. They are worse that Vertex Aerospace and that's saying a LOT! Vertex has been very difficult to work for as they pursued an adversarial relationship with the workforce rather than a beneficial relationship. Dyncorp commenced with layoffs, not offering the same jobs to the people that held them, eliminated a lot of positions, and changed everything that has worked forever and kept everything running smoothly. 

Dyncorp did the same thing when they came to the base in 2001. Ultimately Dyncrop sold to CSC and that lead to the worst two weeks of my life in 2009. It's all documented how bad it was if you read back to that year in the blog. 

If there's a protest then Dyncorp will take over sometime later this year, if not then they'll take over October 1st and I'll leave on September 30th rather than October 12th. It won't benefit me to reapply for my job and go through that process only to retire a week later. When a new company takes over everything is set back to zero like your vacation leave. I hope there is a short protest so all of my leave is worth 4% more which happens October 1st. We'll see what happens though. 

Tomorrow marks 50 working days and 73 calendar days if there is a protest and I work to October 12th! That's a big milestone! A 30 year career coming down to driving on base 50 more times! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm Абрам Александр a businessman who was able to revive his dying lumbering business through the help of a God sent lender known as Benjamin Lee the Loan Consultant. Am resident at Yekaterinburg Екатеринбург. Well are you trying to start a business, settle your debt, expand your existing one, need money to purchase supplies. Have you been having problems trying to secure a Good Credit Facility, I want you to know that Mr Benjamin will see you through. Is the right place for you to resolve all your financial problems because I am a living testimony and i can't just keep this to myself when others are looking for a way to be financially lifted.. I want you all to contact this God sent lender using the details as stated in order to be a partaker of this great opportunity Email: 247officedept@gmail.com Or WhatsApp/Text +1-989-394-3740.