Thursday, February 17, 2005

Coffee Cards And Vanilla Candles

This morning I was one stamp closer to obtaining a free cup of coffee at the quick shop where I buy my morning coffee. I get excited when I get a free cup. I pay for five get the sixth free, not bad?!
On my way home I decided that I haven't had a vanilla candle in about three weeks so I got three of them!

I like it when my Hopperesque house smells of fine vanilla;)

What does this have to do with filmmaking and my auditions on Monday?
I thought about what my life would be like without a coffee card. It isn't just a mundane worry you know. Coffee and Tea are what gets me going in the morning. I used to drink a bottle of Coke and have a couple of bags of M&M's when I was younger and more bullet proof. However I'm not as bullet proof so I stick to coffee and tea now. I have found that it is easier to concentrate when the world isn't vibrating away during my sugary binges while I bounce off of the walls.

So now I have my coffee card to look forward to helping me get through the week. Monday I usually get my free cup after a whole week of looking forward to collecting that beautiful red stamp of a steaming cup of coffee on my little tan card. I keep my card just behind my ID and in front of my time card in a little plastic holder I wear around my neck at work. The free coffee day rotates ofcourse but it always seems to be the best when my week starts with the free cup.

So how could two mundane events be relevant to this blog? I just keep thinking that if a free cup of coffee and the amazing smell of vanilla candles are one of the things I really look forward to right now then I really need to do a great job with Locker.

Somedays I get up and dread going to work but I KNOW that there are some people where I work who can't wait to get there in the mornings. This is wonderful!! If everyone didn't love their jobs then nothing would ever get done. Vital social services would degrade and fall into ruin. However I don't think I'm cut out for this anymore.

I have found my passion and when you find your passion you only want a few things afterward.
1. To be able to experience your passion everyday. You can't wait to do it again when you finish up for the day!
2. Someone to share it with.
3. Friends and family around you to share in the joy of your passion.

So for now I am enjoying the incredible aroma of Glade French Vanilla candles and tomorrow I look forward to getting my fifth stamp on my coffee card.

No comments: