Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Fine Response!

With the auditions on Monday I have had a fine resonse from the ad I placed and am anticipating between 20-50 people to show up!

I have had a wonderful experience with the board of directors from the Gaslight! They have been very accomodating and willing to go the extra mile with this production! I will include them as well as the incredible folks at Big Country Meat Market in the film credits somehow.

So now on to my week's DVD purchase: Donnie Darko the director's cut.
This was a very David Lynchian production. You aren't sure what you are watching until it is over with and then you really start to wonder what you saw.
An amazing and original movie that is quirky, tragic, tender, dramatic, and at a couple of times comedic.

This is a movie that should inspire indie filmmakers to pursue their concepts no matter how bizarre they could be.

No comments: