Monday, May 09, 2005

My Monday

Well I took off today to get my power steering fixed however for those of you who are familiar with me you have to know there is more to the story than a simple fix so here goes.

I scheduled this last Friday to get a bracket welded and have my Suburban serviced. It is a diesel so you have to be good about making sure the oil is changed and it will run forever.

So I'm at home and about ready to get going when I hear a VERY loud bang and my electricity goes out. A transformer has blown up close by and so now I was without power. So I decide to mow the lawn. A good way to pass the time and get things all cleaned up around the outside. I'm not that big on lawn care so it goes about two weeks between mowings. Well I also had some saplings around my foundation that needed to be cut down so I borrowed a chainsaw and got to cutting! Well I'm sure my arm will grow back soon, the blood wasn't that bad.

Just kidding. No injury at all. I did well, got things cut down and my lawn cut! I bought some Roundup and sprayed around the foundation and fence lines. So the lawn is going to look decent before long when the weeds die out.

Anyway I get to the repair shop to find out the guy who welds wasn't there today which is why I brought it in to begin with but no big deal. I get it serviced anyway and will just bring it back to get the bracket welded and the belt changed. So with an hour to kill I decide to go get some food and hope that my electricity is back on when I get back home. So I walk downtown and have plenty of places to choose from so I go to Callahan's, it is close by and they have good food. I get there about 11:30 and order a Chicken Ceasar Salad....with Thousand Island dressing (you should have seen the look from the waitress when I said that instead of the standard Ceasar dressing that comes on a Ceasar salad) but I got Thousand Island anyway and an ice tea.

My food comes and all is right with the world. I finish up and decide I still have plenty of time to go so I order a Tequila Sunrise. I get it and take the first drink and then unconsciously look at the clock and it is still before noon and I think, "This is the first time I have ever had a drink before noon!" And it was true, I've never had a drink before noon!!! Ever!!! So now that I have that out of the way I finished up and walked the few blocks back to the shop. It was just a couple of minutes from being finished! Great timing!

So since the owner isn't there my friend can't make a ticket so he tells me all is good and I can pay when I get the bracket welded up. So I drive away with the power steering still squealing but I can live with that until I get it welded this week. So I get home and to my surprise my electricity is BACK ON!!! Incredible!!!

So it has been a pretty nice morning so far and very productive!!!

I like days like this!!!!

No comments: