Sunday, May 29, 2005

One More Big Day Of Filming!

We left around 9:30 in the morning and started out for Fairview. It began a very large day of shooting. All in all we finished up and got back home around midnight.
I don't feel as bad as I did when I shot Locker.

A two camera set up would cut our shooting time way down. I believe this should probably be the next upgrade to our little group. Another XL1s. I thought about getting a XL2 however the footage would look a lot different and we would essentially be in the same boat. Just with two different nice cameras instead of two identical cameras that would mesh the footage together.

That felt like I had gone 12 rounds with Holyfield and then 12 rounds with Tyson. We used more tripod shots and handheld instead of the steadicam vest. I was horribly beat up after that shoot. Now I feel better and was able to sleep in till about 9:30!!! That was so amazing to me!!! I haven't been able to sleep in that late for a very long time! It felt good! I wish I was able to do it again!!!

There wasn't a lot of drama and things really relatively stayed on schedule. Had some very nice people host us for lunch and took our picture which the prevailing thought was we would wind up in someone's family album. "Who are those maniacs? I don't remember being related to them!" Yeah...

We got all of the shots we needed and I wish I had the room in the meat locker to have gotten the variety of shots we were able to get with this project. It would have made the editing so much easier for Locker. I know it is weak on shot variety and that is the weakness. I can live with it though, I know that I'm getting better and better at this and the next project will be better still!!!

I keep thinking I have to write more to get another project going. I have written a total of about 2 pages...at most. I have to get in gear!! Again...

No comments: