Friday, June 17, 2005

A Sock In My Sleeve

So there I was, early morning and I felt pretty good! I was showered, dressed and out the door...things were going well!!!

I get to the quick shop where I get coffee and then a guy who works where I work comes up behind me and I feel a tugging on my shirt. Allow me to elaborate my confusion here...I usually wear two shirts, a t-shirt with a work shirt over the top of it so I can use the pockets. Well this guy is generally a cocky type of person and we might nod to each other in the halls and rarely talk. Which is fine, I don't bother anyone and I'd like the same to happen to me:)

So I feel this tugging and I turn around with a quizzical look and look at him in the eyes, not a intimidating look but a "What are you doing" look when he holds up a sock he had just pulled from between my shirts that was hanging out of my sleeve!

I know there is a metaphor here. Let me see if I can explain it as well. I try not to be a confrontational person anymore. Sometimes it is necessary but if I can talk I'm happier and I don't get that sick feeling inside after being physical with someone. That morning I was almost at that point for no reason.

I was clueless as to what was going on and someone was trying to help me. I was so wrapped up with something else that I didn't see the help that was being offered. Like when friends tell you something but it just never clicks for some reason. Something never connects in your mind and when it does and that light comes on you suddenly see things from a different angle and it makes sense!!!

Despite how foolish you might have been before and how wrapped up in something else you might have been and just couldn't see the beauty of the forrest because of all of those pesky trees, that is when you need to step back and evaluate your situation and see what your friends are telling you. I learned a pretty good lesson because someone was trying to help me when I thought he was....well I don't know what he was doing but that is kind of the point of turing around in the first place! hahaha!!!

Now on to the filmmaking parts! I am looking into hiring an editor to finish Locker.
More on that when I get an estimate to see if I'm going to do it or not!

No comments: