Saturday, November 26, 2005

Pretty Good Weekend So Far!

Thanksgiving was good.

I didn't even think about getting out on Black Friday.

Picked up some DVDs today and some lunch since I finished off the last of the leftovers today.

King Kong finally came out on DVD this past week. Yes the original. The glorious 1933 original! If you watch this movie today you will see some amazing technical achievements that to this day are fun to watch. I can't get enough of this movie! Son of Kong was great and really expanded upon the potential of Kong and Mighty Joe Young was an improvement on that story wise.

All of them had one thing in common though they inspired Ray Harryhausen: Genius.

I have spent hours upon hours watching in amazement as his creations lumbered, crawled, flew, and danced across the screen. Battling everything from Elephants to San Francisco. Mr. Harryhausen's contribution to filmmaking can never be overstated.

Now to Locker news. My new opening is going to work, however the .AVI file of the credits is showing up blank for some reason now. I can't tell you how frustrating this is for me.

I was supposed to have copies done and sent out two weeks ago but these tiny technical glitches keep holding up production.

It will get done.

No comments: