Wednesday, October 06, 2021

4 Days Left

 It's a bit after 5:30 this morning and I've already made taco salad and that'll last me a couple of days of great eating! Love me some taco salad! Today will be my final Wednesday at the base. Every Wednesday at noon they run a test of the emergency sirens and it sounds like a tsunami siren. It's got that "whoop" rather than a standard Oklahoma tornado siren. 

Today is it! The last time I'll be at work for that test. I'm good with that. My anxiety is fading away, my excitement is growing!

I'm feeling the excitement that I felt a year ago. I mean it's really easy to feel excited about things that are life changing but still a long ways away. When it gets close then you start to get a bit nervous, then anxious, and then anxiety ridden but I've sucked it up and getting through it. If nothing else I can deal with adversity without melting down.

It's good right now, it'll be good tomorrow, it'll be good next week, and good a year from now.

No comments: