Wednesday, October 20, 2021

One Week

 Today marks my first week of retirement. 

So far it's similar to having a week off of vacation. I did catch myself more than once remembering to wash my uniforms only to remember once again...I didn't have to anymore.

I know that eventually I'll have deal with increasing my income, which again I've prepared for since 2015 through higher education. But for now, I'm content and at peace with my decision. I know that the same stuff at work is happening right now and even if those players were gone, it'd be happening to someone else but it'd be the same stuff. The same problems, the same everything. 

I didn't come back right away and write out this post because I wanted time to assimilate into this new life. I need to feel out what I'm doing, grow in this new found free time. I need to just exist for a while and let things be. 

Made coffee this morning, the past few mornings I've made hot tea but today felt very coffeey. Right now I'm just being still and letting things happen. 


No comments: