Monday, October 04, 2021

Day 6 Is Done

 There are personnel changes going on at work now. My replacement won't be in the shop for maybe another month but that triggered other moves as one person with no seniority will get bumped to nights and one on nights will exercise his seniority to move to days. On a temporary basis, until my replacement comes into the shop, the guy on nights will be working in my place on days until that happens.

Yes, I have to drive on base five more times now. October 12th is fast approaching and again I'm filled with mixed emotions on everything. For a fact I know I'm making the right decision. I've put in the time and effort to prepare for this as well as I can. I also know I can't work there until I'm 65, it'll kill my spirit so much that I'll be a shadow of a man before long. 

I've always been an individualist, depending on myself rather than on others unless I have no other choice. This is a true test of my belief I've held since I was a kid, I will be depending on myself now rather than a fairly secure job for my income. 

I have the qualifications, the drive, the education, and the experience to make this happen. Make what happen? Well, that's up in the air right now! But in the next few months I'm going to flesh it out and define the business plan. I guess you could say that's part of the fun!


No comments: