Friday, October 08, 2021

My Final Friday

 Yes, the time has finally come. This is my final Friday and I'm pretty happy!

Tonight is my retirement get together at The Blue Note and I've waited for this day for years now. Tuesday is my official last day. I go in and out process, clean out my locker, walk around and say my goodbyes. 

When we first found out about the changes in the pension system and how it was ending in its current form, I resigned myself to working until I was 67. Then we had the individual meetings with the pension reps and I learned I was eligible. I'm sure I blogged about that before. 

So this is the best case scenario for me in a "Plan B" situation. "Plan A" was to retire next year after my house was paid off so since that was off the table, I scrambled and prepared myself to leave this year. Hard choices had to be made but I feel I've made the best decisions I could make with the information I had at the time. 

I've prepared as well as I can prepare, arming myself with 1 degree and another one nearly finished. 

I've gotten myself in a good financial position. 

I've got a plan to apply my degrees. 

Now before that happens, I take 90 days to rest. I get used to my new life, build a new routine. 

I'm ready. Yes I'm absolutely nervous, anxious, and afraid of the unknown. But I'm also feeling great about the future. I'm ready for all of the possibility and promise yet to come. I'm as ready as I can be to get my future started.

No comments: