Saturday, January 29, 2005

Two Movies Two Days!

Well it is now early Saturday evening and I just finished going to two different movies in two days with two different friends in two different cities!

Whewwww.......

Last night saw the horribly bad Hide and Seek. I have no clue as to who screwed up that movie but I bet that Robert DeNiro has to be ashamed to have been a part of that one!!! I can't describe how bad it really was but it was bad....I had to come home and take aspirin to counter that kind of pain!!!

However there was one amazing feat that Hide and Seek accomplished, despite its R rating there was only one foul word. DeNiro dropped the F word one time. Personally I don't use language like that however I don't mind it at all. I remember a quote I heard a long time ago that it was a lazy mind that had a hard time trying to express itself in any other creative way. That paraphrased quote had an effect on me that I just decided I didn't need to use it and when a time came up that I felt using it, it forced me to think of something else to say.

Today I saw The Woodsman. A Kevin Bacon movie that has some very dark and disturbing content. I was in awe at how they skillfully handled such a touchy subject and there were times I wanted to nearly scream NO! at the character on the screen! I just can't get into it here since I don't like spoilers so I won't but I can only think that if it wasn't for indie's out here that aren't in Hollywoodland powerful and shocking movies such as The Woodsman would never be made.

I mean how exactly do you pitch a movie with content like that to a major studio???

No comments: