Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Editing Anxiety!

I've had a talk with someone about this who told me that I just needed to act like someone else shot the footage and cut it all together. I know this is great adivce since I respect and appreciate their opinion very much and they went through a similar situation.

Yes I'm ultimately responsible for the footage even though my mindset should be more objective. Yes I'm responsible for the dialogue and the footage since I wrote it and held the camera.

So what this is is a great learning experience on how to handle this kind of anxiety, no its not laziness. Far from it in fact. If I had someone else's footage I'd have been done with it by now for a project of similar length. In fact I might have finished it the first weekend I had possession of it! I have a good work ethic and go to great lengths to accomplish what I need to accomplish.

Yeah after 12-15 hours I tend to get tired, I admit it freely.

I do believe that if I decided to digitize my footage right this very moment that I could have probably one full quarter of Locker edited this very night.

So what am I scared of?

I'm scared that when someone sees it they will see me as a fraud. They will see me for everything I feel inside in my work. I really didn't anticipate this kind of emotion when beginning this process. I thought I had everything planned out very well and I did have some anxiety before I started to film which I wrote about.

This is different though, this is the finished product and this is what people will see...listen to me! I'm already thinking someone other than my fine actors, family, and friends will actually want to see this movie!!! HAHAHA!!!

What an ego I have!!!

No comments: