Saturday, July 09, 2005

Poker Night With Friends

Well tonight was a poker night at a friend's house. It was great! It really showed me that my skills are improving.

I started with 40 bucks. Which was kind of a challenge to get. I went to a local grocery store and asked for 40 extra after making a purchase right? Well the cashier acted really put out and upset that I needed quarters and some ones instead of two 20's.

Ugh, what does it matter? It is the same amount, just count it differently please.

Anyway I arrive and so does everyone else and we start playing! there are six of us in a dime ante game where the basic bet is a quarter. I feel pretty good about it! After about two hours I'm up quite a bit and then one guy calls a game that builds the pot up to huge amounts. You have a high card and a low card and you bet to see if the next card delt is in the middle of the high and low card. The only way the game ends is if one person clears the pot.

It was towards the end of the deck and I am dealt a Q3, there is a lot of money in the pot. I'm talking over 50 dollars, I bet 15. The card is a Q which doubles the amount you have to pay....yeah, my nice stack takes a huge 30 dollar hit. Well by the time this game ends I'm down to about 5 dollars.

Here is the good thing though. By the time the game broke up around midnight I was at exactly $40.05!!!! I worked my stack back up again to even. Although I was ultimately down from the stack I had I was still very happy I didn't lose money after a big hit on my stack and was able to build it back up!!!

Yeah...it was a good night!

No comments: