Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Time Warp

When I was a teen I would listen to all of the people who were older than me talk about how life has passed them by. How that they graduated high school and woke up the next day being 30. I never believed them but now I can see what they were talking about.

I understand now that the older you get that time actually speeds up!

I'm sure there is a scientific principle behind this phenomenon!

If I were a person who continually looked backwards and at the decisions I made and what I could have done differently or an action I could have taken or not taken....well if you did that and could harness this power of the aging time warp and find a way to go forward or backward. Well if you could bottle that power!!!!

You would probably sell that bottle of time travel goodness to people who have a lot of regrets. With the grass always being greener in the neighbor's yard you always seem to forget that there is a huge leaking septic tank just below the surface.

A long time ago I learned that I am who I am now because of the decisions made with the best information at the time. It isn't very often that you find someone who says, "I'm going to make the worst decision I could possibly make in every single situation that requires me to make a decision!"

The person you are now is the result of decisions of yourself and others. I have it pretty good, better than I probably should be doing in fact. Yeah I like to complain from time to time but overall I don't know what I could do to make things better or me to be happier...other than working more with my projects that is.

Time travel in a bottle isn't a reality yet so for the time being that decision is one I won't have to make! Thank Goodness!!!

No comments: