Saturday, September 10, 2005

Kickoff!!!!

The glorious kickoff to the 2005 NFL season has just happened this past Thursday night!
My beloved Raiders fell to the devious Patriots of New England. I can't help but think that they should have invested some more money into the D.

The linebacking corp is thin while the line is suspect at best. I felt that they could have shut down the pass if Tom Brady hadn't been throwing against them. Dillon kept getting stronger as the game wore on.

I am in three leagues, well one serious league and two free Yahoo leagues. This is going to be a great season:)

In other news I think I'm going to have about 20 to 25 copies of Locker duplicated to give to the actors and the meat market where I filmed it and of course my family and friends. I think 25 should do it for sure.

I have some ideas about cover art but will run it by a couple of friends first who love doing that sort of thing. I know my photographer friend will have plenty of thoughts to talk about.

I saw Crash today. It is an ensemble movie with so many people in it that I won't even begin to list them. To be able to describe it would be to do it an injustice. What it really is about is gray.

All about gray.

It is about skin color. Attitudes, rational and irrational. Racism and perception. How good people aren't as good as they would like to be and how bad people aren't as bad as you would like for them to be.

I mean when you know what is right, good, and the path, you feel grounded and know what to think, right?

I mean how else do you know what is and what isn't?

Well when you start to see that gray area that happens to crop up every now and again it sometimes shows that things aren't always black and white. Yes sometimes things are that simple.

Sometimes they simply aren't.

No comments: