Friday, September 02, 2005

Just A Random Update

No really, honest.

Let me set this up, today Friday the second of September is an anomaly. It is payday Friday of a three day weekend.

It only happens a few times per year and it is a great day where I work!

It was a rough week at work, allow me to vent a little bit please:)

Our supervisor proved to be particularly incompetent this week. Allow me to set the stage. There are three people in my shop on days in my building. There are five others at the other shop in another building. All eight of us are classified as the same shop, we just work at different ends of the facility in different buildings.

Our lead went home after one hour the other day, leaving us with two people in our shop. Our super supervisor asked our lead what was pending before disregarding all of the answers and micromanaging all of our actions:)

First he asked our lead what he was going to have me and my co worker to do for the day. We had our assignment which was a mistake and our lead knew it, he was just testing our supervisor to see if he had actually learned anything during his nearly two year stint. He hadn't.

Here is what happened. Our lead knew that we couldn't do our job because the huge majority of what we had to was gone. I'll be a little more specific. I work around aircraft. He had to place pilot's names on the aircraft. No big deal right? Well they just happened to be flying and not present when we were to do this job as our supervisor should have been well aware. So we had no aircraft to put new names on.

Our supervisor jumped on our lead's suggestion of having my coworker and myself out on the flightline. He immediately ordered our lead to bring two people from the other shop down to cover our work load in the shop.

So now here is the result, within a half hour we had found every aircraft that happened to be not flying and changed the names, it amounted to four aircraft. The other two coworkers came down and proceeded to do exactly what our supervisor wanted them to do which was to do all of the shop work load and answer the phone...all day long:)

My coworker and I basically had the whole day free and taunted our other two coworkers with our lack of a work load:) This also proved for a deeper problem as their work load fell behind since they were two people short and two of them also had to go to another shop for a few hours which left one single lazy person in their shop who refused to do anything at all.

All in all a very funny day worthy of a Dilbert cartoon:)

I feel my IQ dropping when my supervisor is around me, like it is being sucked out of my head.

He is a walking talking black hole from which intelligence goes to die.

No comments: