Tuesday, August 23, 2005

And He Rested

Yes my friends, tonight I decided to call it good for the evening and did something I dread instead.

I mowed my yard...after nearly two weeks....of rain.

It was like a 1000% humidity after work and I had just enough gas left to get 95% of my yard done, the rest will have to wait until the next time I mow or until I get some more gas.

I can't even get gas out of my vehicle since I drive a diesel. Yeah that would really gum up my mower fast!

I have been reading about different film festivals and looking at what their entry fees are. I'm going to let it rest for a few days, there isn't a fest I'm interested in right now however I am going to look at some Plan B fests. Yes and I have to review my copy of From Reel To Deal and find out the next step to this blueprint!

Believe me I'm not delusional at all. I know I have a movie but not a indication of my talent or ideas, just my budget! I am anxious to see what the first reactions are to Locker by unbiased people when I get it copied to DVD.

Criticize me all you wish but no one had better criticize the acting, these people spent almost nine hours in street clothes in 9 degree temperatures and trying to remember their lines! Believe me I was dressed for it but I wasn't on camera either!

Also keep in mind that I am not a great writer right now and I could have given them some better material to work with but with what I gave them and with what they accomplished in that environment in that time frame....I'm pretty happy with that part!

So if you watch Locker, keep in mind the context of what was happening behind the camera:)

1 comment:

juz said...

Have you tried http://withoutabox.com ? It's quite a handy service for film festivals. Some festivals offer discounts too if you sumbit it through withoutabox.