Saturday, August 13, 2005

National Geographic Channel And Filmmaking

Well this post really doesn't have anything to do with gilmmaking but it does have to do with the National Geographic channel and body modifications.

Specifcally tattoos. I have nothing against tattoos, piercings, brandings, scarification, or any of that. I don't want any of them though.

In my short time on this planet it has occurred to me that we change, in fact probably one of the one constant that you can depend on is that things change, now, today, tomorrow, next week. It is likely that something will be different by the time I post my next entry. Something big, small, or in between, something will be different.

Who I am today is not who I was ten years ago. And who I am today is not who I will become in another ten years.

To me a tattoo is a reminder of what you are right now at that point. In a few years you will be reminded of who you were at that point.

If that time was good then you run the risk of limiting yourself and living in the past.

If that time was bad you run the risk of being dragged back into a low point and might promote self pity instead of moving forward in a healing direction.

There is nothing I can think of that defines who I am today that I will probably feel that strongly about in twenty years or sitting around the nursing home and having to explain why I did what I did then.

There isn't a tattoo that I really think sums me up to the point that I want to have it put on my skin...forever.