Thursday, October 13, 2005

My Funnily Shaved Cat

I noticed a odd smell coming from one of my cat's mouth the other day. I immediately started looking for something for bad cat breath. Then I decided to look and see that maybe there might be a small animal or perhaps a rotting smurf in his mouth that was causing this bad smell.

I opened his mouth and I could tell that his gum around his right incisor was inflamed and very swollen. I called the vet and got him an appointment to have him looked at. The vet explained to me that sometimes a cat will lose his "killing teeth" but it was nothing that I had done or his diet and nothing had happened to him.

I found that to be amazing since he is only about three years old.

So I have my sister-in-law drop him off at the vet so he can now have his teeth pulled. Since he is an indoor cat the vet said he won't need those teeth anyway.

So I get to the vet to pick up my groggy defanged pet kitty! I get him home and put tuna on his nose and on my other cat's nose to help with the smooth transition of reintroducing cat one to cat two.

In the past this has proven to be a slight ordeal of hissing and running. The tuna helps because now neither cat smells like a vet. Since cats appear to have the memory span of a potato and would completely forget that they the other cat was their brother/sister and had lived their whole lives together, anything over a couple of hours and all of a sudden the cat left in the house has taken over EVERYTHING.

The other cat has been completely purged from the memory, hence the hissing and running. When they smell the same, it is like magic!

So I get my cat home and properly smelling like tuna when I notice his from legs....they have two shaved spots on them!!!! He has two shaved spots on his two front legs! It looks hilarious! I mean I hate to laugh in a situation like this but it is so funny!!!!

My shaved cat....

No comments: