Monday, October 10, 2005

Serenity And Desperate Hous......Filmmakers

I purchased Desperate Housewives and saw Serenity the other day so that I would have something to do on my holiday weekend! Well that and I did some boredom eating...

First Serenity fulfilled the promise of the series which was cut short by about six and a half seasons. It was a great series and if there is nothing else done with the series then Serenity will serve as a well done farewell. Basically a show set in the distant future with a touch of the old west. It had everything that made a series great and then some!

Desperate Housewives....well now there is a completely different type of series but just as enjoyable. I would say as far as drama tinged with comedy the best comparison would be Six Feet Under. Now there is a great show! But this is about Desperate Housewives. This show has drama, comedy, a tinge of soap opera, and some chick flick. I found myself laughing out loud at some moments when I was familiar with the characters!

There are some moments of comic mastery here! There are some dark moments that rival Six Feet Under as well! It is a fine balancing act that both shows seem to follow well!

Well by now I'm sure that my starting kicker has probably stubbed his big toe and won't be able to hit a field goal if his life depended on it.

No comments: