Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Busy Day

This morning I've got to take Jet to the vet, later on this afternoon take the big  cats to the vet for their shots, I have to go vote on the second first strike vote, and My Baby has a MRI for her back. All in all a packed day!

Thing 2 will be at the Theatre all day with drama camp and busy with that.

Governor Scott Walker won by a landslide last night on his recall election. You'll recall he limited collective bargaining agreements with public sector (Not the private sector unions mind you) unions last year. That made the public sector unions angry and then the fight was on! Money poured in to take out Walker and to defend him and what he's been able to accomplish.

In the end the unions lost and it wasn't even close. The people of Wisconsin wanted Scott Walker and loved the job he was doing. So it's all over now but the crying and with liberals you'll get a LOT of that. They'll spin it in so many different ways you won't be able to see straight for a week.

You might be thinking that there is a bit of hypocrisy on my part and you might be a little bit right. However I'm a member of a private sector union. There is a contract between the military and my company, and there is a contract between my company and our union. None of it effects the public taxes as a public sector union does. In fact I wish I could kick in to my own pension fund as Scott Walker had the workers in Wisconsin do. I'd put in quite a bit on my own if it was possible.

No comments: