Thursday, June 14, 2012

Twenty's Eve

Tomorrow is a big day for me. It's my twentieth anniversary at work. That means I earn my final week of vacation leave and will accrue leave very fast and it means that I've got ten years left before being eligible for my pension. That's a big big deal too. With the current contract they have added one and a half times the amount that is contributed on a hourly basis. It'll provide a decent retirement on it's own but add in the 401k I'm kicking in to and it'll be a comfy retirement package!

Yeah, June 15, 1992 was the date. Hard to believe I've made it this far. Tomorrow I'll have a far more detailed blog about the past twenty years. Sheesh, that's almost half my life when you type it like that.

Twenty years, where does the time go?

The Thunder play game two tonight in Loud City! They might do the rope a dope again and let the Heat wear themselves out as they did in game 1. We'll see how they'll come out, if it's swinging or if it's just cruising to the second half.

They will play the next game in Miami and there they'll probably want to set a tone and let Miami know they are here to play for real. LeBron, hero turned villain, probably won't have enough "umph" to get the Heat to a title this year. They have run into a very young wrecking machine that can play at such a high tempo for the entire game if they want to. If this team stays together for the long term then we can have a TwentyTeen dynasty on our hands!

No comments: