Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dog Days

Even though summer has officially just begun last week we are in the heat of it. The triple digit temperatures are here for a while. They are relentless and won't let up until the occasional front moves in, likely on accident or we get the very rare summer thunderstorm.

Yeah we will be mired in the heat, broiled, sauteed, and fried. My shop is pretty much a convection oven in the summer time. It's nice and toasty in the winter though. I was pretty sweaty at work yesterday, drenched in fact but when I got into the office to cool off it felt darn good. I stood under the fan, practically our only source of AC as we are on the end of the line when it comes to getting cold air pumped in. There just isn't much left by the time it gets to us.

I dread summers in our shop. I'll keep the powerade close by and plenty of water with me though. We'll knock this summer out too!

No comments: