Tuesday, September 28, 2021

10

 I've got my exit physical this morning. I've fasted since 6 last night and my physical is at 8, I'm getting hungry. They want to make sure you're good physically before you leave to limit liability on their part. It's all good, I'm feeling pretty good all in all! I don't have much if any cancer in my family history so that's good!

Ten working days left! 

Ok, it's time to reveal things about 2019. I got a part time job at a local dispensary called Kush Gardens. I worked from December of 2019 to December of 2020 and I worked nights and weekends. I started off working Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 6 until close at midnight. 

I finally got to work opening to 5 on weekends which is what really helped me. Working those many hours while maintaining my current job and still doing my grad school homework was tough but it set me up financially to make sure my retirement is easier on me. 

I learned everything about MMJ I could. I got over my old prejudices that most of the country grapples with. My first hand experience with customers and their stories on how it helps them was eye opening. 

Federal legalization is a real possibility but the problem will come when it comes to protections for local growers and dispensaries. I'd prefer it to be decriminalized federally and leave it up to the states to make their own laws.

If it were federally legal, it could literally be sold in every place you sell cigarettes. The quality Oklahoma is known for would drop dramatically as the massive tobacco companies would take over and buy out every growing field they can find. Strains would degrade and ultimately federal regulations would be put in place which would kill the industry. 

Let the states figure it out and protect local growers, processors, and dispensaries. When the feds get involved things go bad. 

That's my story on how I got prepared for retirement financially and how my mind was changed on the subject of marijuana. I worked with customers and helped them with their needs. I educated myself on what is known and not on the myths. I talked to my family doctor and asked questions and I advocate it to remain a state's rights issue rather than a federal issue. 


No comments: