Tuesday, September 07, 2021

25 Working Days

 I'm posting this at the end of my work day. Today marked 25 working days left in my marathon that has lasted nigh on 30 years. It's hot out, almost 104. The weekend felt good though, the three day weekend. The mornings were in the 60's and almost fall like. 

I'm killing this current course! I started module 7 of 10 yesterday and I did half my homework on the holiday. I haven't missed a grade point and carry an A in this course. This course is a 675, meaning the this is the penultimate course with the capstone being a 700. The three remaining courses are concentration courses in the digital marketing realm. That's my concentration, I had a choice of 3 concentrations and this one seemed to be the best one available for me and my goals for the future. 

Today was a good day at work, I was by myself. Easy day anyway. I can handle my shop by myself with no problems while my large coworker says it can't happen with one person. I told him I handled this shop by myself for around 8 years, doing all of the work myself. He doesn't hear me when I tell him that though.

It's alright, a few short weeks and my life starts a new chapter. I'm not happy where I am. I'm not challenged anymore and haven't been for years. I'm not going to waste this opportunity to take retirement and start a new chapter. It would waste my education I've worked hard for since 2015. Look, I'm going to miss a LOT of people where I work. People I feel genuine affection for. People I've seen day in and day out for almost three decades. But it's time to move on and I've been given the opportunity to do so. I've been planning this. I'm making the right decision. 

I'm going to be good. I can open doors where I'm doing the stuff I want to do, new challenges, new adventures. I'm going to be helping people with their businesses. I won't be stagnate anymore and stay stuck which is how I feel now. 

It's going to be good, scary but good.

No comments: