Tuesday, September 14, 2021

20 Working Days

Yep, I have to wake up and go to work 20 more days. The past few nights I've been awake since around 3:30, yesterday I got up and did most of my homework for the week. This is peer review week where we turn in our final paper for our classmates to review. So there's a lot of polishing and rewriting and stuff. I'll have it finished tonight and submitted.

My insomnia feels like it is really getting out of hand again, like when it was in 2013-2015 when it was so bad I went back to school so I'd have something to do. In hindsight that was an amazing thing to do because we didn't know then that we would lose how the pension pays and who can collect it. IF it hadn't been for insomnia and being in such bad shape then, I wouldn't be able to retire like I am now. I probably would have had to stay at the base and work until I turned 65. 

Life is funny sometimes.

Now I'm three courses away from graduating, again, with an advanced degree, having a pension, and having so many options for my next chapter in life that it's insane. 

I know I'm rehashing a lot from previous posts but I don't go back and reread them before I write again and right now I'm writing them a week apart. Besides I have a lot on my mind. 

So, for the insomnia...what do I do? Well my family doctor has strongly suggested that there is a great natural remedy for that condition. Right now I'm taking two Trazodone each night. Have been for a few years now and they aren't working anymore. When I don't take any I'm awake in about three hours, when I take them I'm awake in about five hours. My Dr. doesn't want to change to something more high caliber, the kinds that have a lot of side effects and I told him about my reluctance to do so.

Well the alternative is something I'll discuss in a later post. 


No comments: