Friday, December 23, 2005

Last Night's Christmas Party

Allow me to set the context for last night's party. This is a very slow time of year where I work and we are encouraged to take the week off between Christmas and New Year's Day.

There just isn't a lot happening and therefore no reason to be there. So this year we get a Friday and two consecutive Monday's off paid and then we take vacation the other four days which gives you a total of eleven days off for the cost of four days. Yeah, it is a bargain! Eleven days that I don't have to be at work, woohoooo!!!

Well today is the first day off so last night we got together at a local club to celebrate not having to go to work because of the holidays! I love this time of year!

So there I am last night surrounded by some very fine people I have known for quite a few years now. I confess that I did tip maybe a couple too many in my celebratory glee. However it was a blast and a fine way to start the vacation!

I did do a couple of drunk emails and a drunk call....so not too bad.

I have finished my Christmas shopping and I am ready for the holidays:)

The next couple of weeks with my friend's project should prove to be interesting as we have started the pre-production research stage to determine the symbolism of her subject. I'll post more once I have obtained her permission to write about it:)

No comments: