Saturday, December 24, 2005

My Fantasy Season Is Quickly Ending Today And Nothing

I'm getting beat 34-8 right now while most of the games are rolling around to the third quarter. Yes my friends it looks like my season is going to end in the semi-finals of the playoffs.

It isn't what I wanted to happen but it looks like no one is wanting to score today. I had to play Jerry Porter over Marvin Harrison since Harrison is being rested today and didn't make the trip to Seattle.

Yeah, it is over.

I did my Christmas shopping this morning. I'm working on one gift still and might be for another day or so.

There isn't much to report in filmmaking news. I am off next week as I have said earlier so I am hoping that I can get Locker on DVD finished and shipped out. That is my goal....well has been my goal but you all know the problems that have cropped up.

I have seen a very good or funny movie but you are probably familiar with how I write my reviews by now. I try to keep away from any plot points if at all possible and try not to discuss anything related to the movie except how I felt about it. I hate spoilers so that really makes for some strange reading sometimes.

Believe me it would be easier to write a regular review and go through the whole story other than the essentials that I try to post....and I really want to get into the plot and the meaning of this movie. This movie really made me want to discuss it after watching it.

Well the movie is called Nothing and essentially it is about a couple of life long friends who live with one another and when their world starts to encroach on their peaceful existence, people start to disappear. Not like that, in a more creative and hilarious way that had me laughing in its cleverness and wit. They discover that hate is a powerful emotion and it can lead to things that you may not anticipate.

Nothing is a brilliant indie feature from the director of Cube. Watch it, you won't be upset about it and you will probably hate things a little bit less.

No comments: