Sunday, January 29, 2006

Train Wreck....And That Ain't Bad

Flavor of love.

This is the first time I have actually been able to catch a episode of this show. It is horrible. It is petty. It is a absolute train wreck of a show and I can't stop watching it.

Just like the Surreal Life spinoff that had Flavor Flav and Brigitte Nielson and their further adventures in (cough) love.

Amazingly Flav is single so VH1 has decided to help a brother out and hook him up with some amazingly single women who seem to have low standards and dollar signs in their eyes.

There are such intellectual games like the five senses challenge where Flav gets to fondle, taste, hear, see, and smell, yes SMELL these poor women. When Flav exclaimed that one of them smelled like steak, I nearly lost it. It was a good thing I wasn't drinking something. I would have sprayed it all over whatever was in front of me.

Now why can't I turn this off?

Am I that shallow that I get enjoyment, the same kind of enjoyment that one would get from seeing the remains of a forrest fire. A horrible thing to be sure but that is feeling I get (and nausea) when I see Flav make out with these poor women and them actually throw themselves at him I see burning trees in my head.

Oh my, I do love pop culture but WOW this really pushes me to the edge of taste. I am the first to admit that my taste is eclectic. I love entertainment from Conway Twitty to Buck Rogers but I'm speechless after this show....but I can't stop watching it.

No comments: