Monday, February 16, 2009

Day Off

It has been a really nice three day weekend! Spent Friday night, Saturday, and a large part of Sunday with the date.

Been pretty nice although it was a bit cold over the past few days. We had some warm weather and then cold again. I can't wait for Spring. I can start sitting outside and enjoy my cigars. I sat by my bedroom window yesterday afternoon and had one, it was too chilly to sit outside.

I had an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8. A medium bodied smoke. Got it for Valentine's day. It was a tad harsh as the place it was purchased doesn't humidify their cigars. It would have benefited from being in my humidor for three weeks.

Medium bodied, had a woody flavor and a bit spicy over the first third. It never mellowed as it should have which I chalked up to not resting enough in a humidor. The Fuente quality was still present though. If you ever get a Fuente you know that you are in for a quality cigar. I have another 8-5-8 and two Fuente Hemingway Signatures in my humi now. These are resting until this Summer though!

No comments: