Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Wonders Of Wunder Radio!

This is probably my favorite iPhone app so far! Yeah it cost $5.99 but for what it does it is a small price.

Wunder Radio will find streaming radio stations except Clear Channel stations and stream them to your phone over the cell signal. I was at two bars of signal yesterday and still was getting a decent stream in the office. That place kills signal too. It never buffered at all with three bars in a part of the building where signal is better.

You can browse by GPS location and find local stations. You can browse by genre, you can browse by country, you can even browse by continent! Heard about a DJ in another part of the country? You can likely hear him with this app!

You also get all of the NOAA locations, police scanners, railroad scanners, and even airline scanners! This is one incredible app and very cheap considering what it does!

You want to listen to radio in Cameroon? You can do it! I did! They have funky music and I likely won't listen again but I did it! Want to listen to German radio? I did! It is very techno! Won't listen again but I did it once! Irish radio? It's on there!

Yeah most of these stations you can find online and listen to but when you can do it on a mobile application it is so much more convenient and so much more interesting as it is literally at your finger tips!

One more reason I love my iPhone!

No comments: