Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tuesday And No Access

You'll remember when I mentioned last week I had to close my checking account and open a new one. Well the problem became how can I get paid when my direct deposit was going into my old account and it was already in work by the time I had to close/reopen.

So my bank was supposed to catch the deposit and reroute it into the brand new account. They didn't until I called them, now it is fixed though however I had to stock up on cash since no one in town will take a temporary check for anything but the purchase price. So say I want to go eat at a place that doesn't take checks I have to bring cash. Or if you need cash on Saturday afternoon or Sunday when the bank is closed, you are also screwed.

Sometime this week I'm going to get my debit card and a new box of checks to replace the other brand new box of checks that are now worthless.

The next step is that I pay all of my bills online and have to go through each one of them and change account information. No big deal and I'd have been more upset if my account had been broken into however it is still a bit of a hassle.

I've got enough cash to last the week now. Hopefully I'll come home from work and find my brand new debit card in the mail!

No comments: