Thursday, December 16, 2004

2004 Good or Bad?

Well here I am, sitting down to update my blog and the only thing that keeps rolling around in my mind are all of the bad personal drama things that have happened lately. So is 2004 the worst year of my life? No, not at all. It just seems that I have a hard time remembering all of the very good things that have happened this year.

I have had some AMAZING moments this year!!! Some perfect moments in fact! So why is it that when you think back over a year's worth of living you only tend to remember the bad parts?

I have met some and bonded with some other people this year that I know I will be involved with my entire life in one way or another.

I have written and rewritten a few different scripts, one is of course the subject of this blog. I have learned so much about film and the art of making one that I feel like I'm ready to make a feature film.

I have grown, lived, experienced, been hurt, been heartbroken, have nearly died laughing so hard, have had moments of (In my own mind ofcourse) brilliance and stupidity. I've done many things and haven't done a lot of things I had planned to do.

I've had more gray creep out of my scalp.

So in this philosophical state that I'm in right now of honesty I guess I can say for sure that this year has been good to me. I know I know, it probably sounds like I'm whining, especially after this next bit but I'm not, well at least I don't feel like I am.(could also be a moment of my own stupidity here)

I haven't experienced a profound tragedy as many people have this year.

I haven't been stricken by a disease as many other people have been this year.

I haven't been without shelter, job or food.

I haven't had my world completely crumble and fall apart even though it felt like it lately at times. I have still made it through so far.

So why after all of the things I have just mentioned do I still only recall the worst parts more than the others?

Is it natural? Are you sick of rants like this instead of my filmmaking experiences? Yeah me too.
Believe me as magical, tragicly beautiful, empty, full, joyous, and sad as 2004 was, 2005 will be all of that and much much more!!!!

No comments: