Monday, February 27, 2006

Computer Is Delayed And More Remake Blues

Yes my friends my super duper high end pc has been delayed at least two weeks due to a malfunctioning power supply.

The good news is that they are going to upgrade the motherboard to the upgraded version of the one that I originally purchased....on their dime! How can you say no to that?

However my second monitor and software will arrive on Friday!!!!

So I'm going to have to wait for at least two more weeks to play with my new and shiny toy.

It is going to be a LONG two weeks!!!!

Now I have to bring out my torch and wave it in the direction of Hollywood. I have read where the rights to Friday The 13th have been bought in order to be REMADE!!!! WHY!?!?!?!

Now I have to rant some. I was a fan of the film series. It was groundbreaking and in its day defined a generation of films and film fans. Friday The 13th has been so parodied and has forever linked the hockey mask with psychotic killer with a machete in the realms of pop culture.

Yes Halloween was good but for my money Friday defined horror for me as a kid. Nightmare on Elm Street was too campy and I really didn't like the one liners with any death scene. I mean come on, Arnold did that in every movie why does a real supernatural killer have to do that? The killer is doing what he is supposed to do but what really torques me is that they have all copied that gag from James Bond!!!!

AARRGGHHHH!!!!

When Bond caps someone he CAN one line all he wants because he is the king of cool. License to kill while drinking a vodka martini! Yeah! That deserves a one liner because anything less would be paltry!!!!

When Freddy slashes his way through helpless teens that is what he was designed to do! Knock it off with the one liner. Now you have to be asking yourself WHAT does this have to do with Friday?

Jason Vorhees NEVER one lined it. A machete between the eyes and you are done. He walks on to the next teen who is have a morality crisis in need of a painful chastisement. The kids could run a marathon at sprinting speeds and Jason would walk and still meet them with a lawn tool of some sort and deliver justice to some kid you didn't like and YOU ROOTED FOR JASON TO DO IT!!!!

Now all of this applies to the good Friday's. The first one is classic and Jason wasn't even the killer, it was actually a very good mystery thriller. The second had hillbilly psycho Jason after the mom bought it in the first one. Then Friday in 3D and the amazing Final Chapter!!!! All extremely good!!!! The fifth one gave the viewing audience a nice dodge and then they started to fall off in quality.

I didn't care for the rest. They were all self parodies after that. Freddy vs. Jason though had its moments and I did enjoy parts of it even though it wasn't a real part of the series.

Now all of this is going to be ruined with a REMAKE!!!! A stupid REMAKE!!!!

Can no one out there come up with a better idea....I mean can no one who is financing movies come up with a better idea?!?!?!

No comments: