Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lightning Strikes Nebraska!

Yes my friends you can't escape the news that a group of meat packers in Nebraska has won the largest multi-state lottery in history. It wasn't one of my groups but it was a group like mine.

They had played for a long time. They worked in a job similar to my job. Most of all they believed that it could happen, like me and my two groups.

I'm sure that Saturday night was amazing for this group of people and every day until they came forward. Now that they have been introduced publicly you can bet that everyone who has EVER known one of these people will soon contact them. Complete strangers will give the most heart rending stories, some are probably even true, to get a piece of what these people have won.

I honestly to this day, after playing nearly five years, do not know what I would do if this happened to me and one of my powerball pools.

Anyone who knows me knows how gullible I can be and how I would fall for nearly every hard luck story that came across my path.

Yeah, I'd be broke quickly I'm sure.....but I would probably feel good about it.

No comments: