Monday, February 13, 2006

Sirius vs. XM In My World Part 2

Well after another day of listening to XM I can say that I enjoyed the parts of the Opie and Anthony show that I heard and I enjoyed the Ron and Fez show that I heard as well. Both shows seem fresher than the Stern show. Since I have never really heard the Stern show before I can just again assume that it is an acquired taste and I don't have it.

This is my opinion as of this day and I will post my thoughts at the end of the paid month as well.

Talk radio, I have to give the edge to Sirius, there were lots of ho hum moments while listening to XM talk shows.

The sports content is no contest at all. Sirius with the NFL exclusively clearly wins this in my world. I have given the MLB channel called "Home Plate" a good shot, however it is still MLB and I have little use for it. Give me football anyday since it is the real national past time!!!!

Music wise, XM SUCKS!!!! Despite the two extra channels that XM has in the Country category, XM content just can't stack up to the Sirius brand.

I feel ripped off like I have bought a CD and there is only one song on there that is worth listening to while the rest is nothing but CD filler. Bland, boring, and just something that is there to justify the price of the service.

If Sirius would add a "Obscure Metal" channel then Sirius would have every musical base covered and still be far superior to XM music wise. You have to keep turning the channel to find something you want to hear. With Sirius it generally stays on one channel all day long with everyone being happy with the content. If XM were in the shop instead of Sirius we would constantly be flipping channels trying to find something good to listen to.

XM is very lacking in this regard so if you want to get XM don't expect to be entertained by the music, they have quality shows with Opie and Anthony that would almost justify the price of the service. I'm not saying that Stern isn't a good entertainer, he just doesn't entertain me.

Give me uncensored, interactive, internet shows anyday!

No comments: