Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Monkey's And Filmmaking

Have you ever seen the commercials for Careerbuilder.com ?

They feature a hard working guy in a office full of monkeys who aren't all that responsible.

They are very funny commercials where it seems that no matter how hard the poor guy works he is always trumped by the monkeys who run the place.

That is how I generally feel when I'm at work. Which leads me to the filmmaking part of my title!

I would think it would be almost a dream job to be able to come up with the comic commercials that make a impression and effect people. It is like telling a thirty second joke where the punchline is something people will talk about later on.

There isn't a lot of difference between a commercial and a feature film other than the obvious differences like length, context, and script. The basics are the basics which are saying what you want to say in a given amount of time.

I mean who wouldn't want to come up with the next "Wassup!" concept or the next "Where's the beef?"

No comments: