Saturday, May 05, 2012

Avengers And Thing 2

Yesterday Thing 2 had her violin solo. Beautiful was a understatement! I teared up fairly quickly as she began and some very beautiful noises came fr the antique instrument. The Date and my mom were speechless as Thing 2 began. The Date was understandably nervous but that quickly went away as the bow began to dance on the strings!

She received a superior rating! I'm a very proud daddy!

Last night I found myself all alone for the evening. The Date had gone to take care of her dad for the evening, Thing 1 was at work, and Thing 2 was spending the night with an orchestra friend.

So since the satellite receiver hadn't arrived yet I decided to call Abostang and take in a late movie! The Avengers fit the bill perfectly, late movie, in 3D, and a movie I'd been looking forward to.

It was good, maybe one of the best comic book movies. The standard heroes had to fight amongst each other before learning how to work together storyline was followed. The sequel should be better since all of that is out of the way now and the villain is Thanos. A very powerful character who fell in love with the mistress death. Nearly godlike in his powers, he should really give the Avengers a run for their money in a couple of years.

Was looking forward to the trailer for Dark Knight Rises but it wasn't to be.
I'm so-so on that movie, it could be better than the previews show. Time will tell.

No comments: