Monday, May 21, 2012

Hurt

The Date is injured. Her back is very hurt and we spent yesterday pampering her and helping her walk from place to place but mainly getting her situated in one place and trying to keep her there for an extended amount of time. That's harder than you think, she's a mover, a go getter!

By evening time her back had loosened up enough to walk around herself and with less pain but that was a small gain as the pain was still pretty intense. She's a real trooper though! Nothing was going to slow her down so she took a cello lesson from Thing 2 and a beginner's cello book I got for My Love:) We kept her in good spirits and made it though the day:)

I made supper last night (Thing 2 cleaned and made a new place for a garden in the back yard) and watched The Spirit of St. Louis with Jimmy Stewart. It's been years since I'd seen it, I want to say I was in my early teens but it's a good movie! That was a huge feat in nothing more than a flying gas tank. Today long distance flights or even indefinite flights are easily possible with the help of midair refueling. Possible? They are common place.

Flying nonstop across the Atlantic for the first time, that was a different story and took aviation from county fairs and put it into the mainstream. Serious people paid attention after that and eventually we went to the Moon.


No comments: