Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Busy

Talk about a busy day! I was swamped yesterday at work, all day. Parts piled up while I worked priority stuff and that literally took me the whole shift.

Today will be similar, I already know what's there and I can guess what has been done and what hasn't.

Contract negotiations open up the last week of this month. Our contract expires on June first, doesn't seem like three years since the worst two weeks of my life but it has been. Everyone at work still remembers how much striking sucked and I doubt they will vote that way again. I know I won't unless it's a must have to situation like cutting my pay in half and even then I am not sure I'd vote that way.

Neither side wants that to happen again and both will do their best to insure it doesn't happen. I'll go on the record right now and say if they renewed our current contract I'd vote for it as fast as I could check the box.

No comments: