Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back To Normal

My incredibly talented daughter has won the part of The Fiddler in the summer musical! I'm a proud daddy! I know my love is also very proud of her! She texted me the cast list while I was snoozing away and I thrilled for her!

After yesterday's diversion into a long awaited game, today will be returning to it's normally scheduled life. Nothing fancy, I'll be picking up the work in the shop where I left off Monday as I'm sure I know exactly what is there to do now. I also figure I know no one worked the parts I was working on.

We don't have enough people. The new guy has to have surgery now, tomorrow I think. He muscle was torn from the elbow and he'll be out for weeks if not months.

I don't believe the contract will yield anymore people either, we'll just be where we are until they figure out we are understaffed and it bites them at the wrong time and in front of the wrong people. I also believe that the contract will be quickly settled, I don't expect anything resembling a raise for the next three years. The country is broke, we've been spent into a black hole and we probably won't be able to get our way back out of it unless reasonable politicians agree on true spending cuts and that's not likely to happen!

Negotiations should go very smoothly this time, no one wants a repeat of the last contract. No one. The heads involved in the last round for the company have been fired and replaced. Soon they will swap proposals and we'll see how far apart both sides are to start. I don't think it'll be far at all. I'd vote for a contract extension right now if they extended our current contract we have. I'm thrilled with it! It's stable and fair. I don't see that happening though.

No comments: