Sunday, December 16, 2007

Week 15

I was put out of the playoffs in the first round, my team really tanked as I mentioned last week. I have nothing to play for now and due to that devastating loss I am no longer a contender to win any money at the end of the season.

In a season plagued by injuries and under achieving picks I did pretty decent. I got my season paid for by the wins I did have so it didn't cost me anything this year. That makes it a good year! At ten dollars per week over seventeen weeks plus franchise fees it is a good amount.

It is cold out and the streets should melt off today. I got some groceries yesterday when I got out. I decided to fuel up as well so I'm at the station getting fuel so while that is going on I decide to clean the windshield wipers. They had frozen up and weren't really cleaning the windshield anymore. So I thump it against the windshield to get the ice off and what happens? The blade breaks off in my hand.

Now the driver's side blade is no longer attached and I can't turn them on because it would really scratch up the windshield. Not to mention there was no longer a blade so it really wouldn't do anything.

I finish up the fueling, pay, and decide to go get it serviced and have the wipers replaced. I get that all done, finally get to the grocery store since I really didn't have anything in the house to fix to eat. I ALMOST get home when I get stuck on a decline around some railroad tracks.

Thankfully a guy who was out just towing people out of being stuck was behind me and offered me a tug up the hill! So within a few minutes I was back home and cooking!

No comments: