Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Well Here

Is what happened last night. I'm almost done, well done now with Hemingway's short stories collection so I decided I would run a couple of errands I've been putting off since the storm hit.

So I need to get a stack of dual layer blank DVDs and I need to ship my bad monitor off to get it replaced. Well I thought I could also pick up another book while I was at it. So I went to Staples and took care of the DVDs and the monitor.

Drove to Hastings and went down the classic book aisle and chose Robinson Crusoe. I've always wanted to read it, it is a very classic novel, it fit my adventurous mood at the time, yeah my selection is done!

I go to pay when I see the rather annoyed look on the woman's face in front of me. I look at the kinda cute cashier and think....ah ha....another case of cute envy has just happened and I missed it. I give the cashier chick a quizzical look and she replies that the systems have just went down, apparently in mid purchase for annoyed woman.

So I go find a chair and start to read the book I was going to purchase, there is a pair of big green comfy chairs towards the back of the store and that really fit the bill. So for about ten minutes I read about Daniel DeFoe's extraordinary life of being a cheat, convict, insurer of ships, very fast writer, and journalist.

By that time I see cute chick in the aisle telling people that the systems aren't coming back up and they have to close the store now. So two out of three missions accomplished last night.

No comments: