Monday, August 11, 2008

Off Today, Maybe Badminton Is On

Yep!
I decided to take the day off. If our shop never gets behind then we will never get anyone hired back. So I'll sacrifice some of my leave for the cause and in the process enjoy another day off.

I've got a couple of errands to run today so that'll give me time to do those as well.

It appears as if it might rain today. That's nice. I'd much rather have this cool weather than the one hundred degree days we had a week ago!

So there I was yesterday flipping through the Olympics when I saw women's Badminton being played. I had never seen it played outside of backyards before so I sat there.....transfixed, mesmerized even. It appears as if the Chinese take this sport seriously! They were really getting into it!

The Chinese also appeared to dominate women's Badminton. I believe they had the two top ranked players in the world! Yes there are also world Badminton rankings, who'd have thunk it?!?! So there I was watching it and all of a sudden it dawned on me that I had watched three matches!

I watched as they adjusted the shuttlecock (yes I snicker when I hear them say that) and then flipped it over the net, the other person returns it and play continues until one person gets the required amount of points.

I didn't even know this was a real sport let alone an Olympic sport but in some parts of the world this is taken seriously much like Curling in the Winter Olympics. So it begs the question, why get rid of baseball and softball in the next Summer Olympics and keep Badminton? If Badminton is allowed what about Mini Golf? I could be a gold medalist as long as there is a windmill and loop to loop with a clown at the end!





Anyway

No comments: